Draw your own Sumukhwa (Ink-and-wash painting) at Unhyeongung Palace, a historical site in Seoul. Observe the gardens and traditional Korean houses, and draw the landscape that differs by the weather and mood.
• You can finish your own Sumukhwa, ink-and-wash painting outdoor with use of a single painting brush.
• Those who are new to drawing can reserve the beginner class.
• Create your own Sumukhwa (ink-and-wash painting) at Unhyeongung Palace, a historical site that represents the late Joseon Dynasty.
• In the middle of a breathtaking city, stroll through the courtyard of the palace and create a unique drawing.
• You would also be able to feel fun and intimacy by meeting with Koreans or people of various nationalities.
Min/Max Number of Pax
Program lasts approx. 1 hours and 30 minutes
1. Introduction to the class
2. Theory class (10mins)
3. Basic practice (20mins)
- Ink-and-wash painting techniques: Drawing with a brush, spreading with ink composition
- Object observation: natural object (tree, flower, grass), architectural object (traditional Korean house, stonewall)
4. Selecting drawing objects you like after looking around the palace (10mins)
5. Free drawing (30mins)
6. Impressions and sharing thoughts (10mins)