"Connecting people through the wood"
Woodburning (Pyrography) is a type of craft that consists of drawing pictures or writing letters by burning wood with a soldering iron (Pyrography pen). It is possible to write in Hangul (Korean alphabet) directly on the wood by using woodburning tools. You can write special things, such as encouraging statements, witty words, or a famous line from movies or books in ways to make your woodwork special.
• Back scratchers are a popular item that some Koreans use in their daily life.
• Create your own back scratcher design and enhance its value through woodburning, making it great for both practical and decorative use.
• Merrywood Co-op consists of 6 female woodwork educators who are connected by their passion for wood and upcycling. Through their work upcycling abandoned resources, they hope that everyone gains more interest in this eco-friendly and resourceful movement. Come and feel their passion at Merrywood Co-op.
Minimum / Maximum Pax
5 / 12
About 1hour and 30 minutes ~ 2 hours
• The program lasts approximately 2 hour
1. Introduction and greetings
2. Class overview PowerPoint presentation
3. Hangul woodburning class
* You may do woodburning in a different language; but you need to write down the letter by yourself.
5. Hangul woodburning class continued
6. Wrap up