Hemp (cannabis leaf) has been widely used as the representative fabric of ordinary people since before the Three Kingdoms of Korea. Great chance to learn about Andong Hemp Cloth, the No.1 Gyeongbuk Intangible Cultural Property in Andong Geumsori Village, a legal marijuana plantation as well as the representative specialty of Andong. Using Andong Hemp Cloth, make your own special natural Sachet Bag!
Be part of the meaningful experience, learning the production process of Korean traditional clothes, and making souvenirs. If you want to make it an extra special day, dress up as the tale, The Cowherd, and the Weaver Girl!
• Learn about Andong Hemp Cloth while listening to the interesting explanations of professional commentators at the Andongpo exhibition hall!
• Take a look around the marijuana field where the marijuana grows, which is an ingredient used when producing Andong Hemp Cloth, and see the process of steaming hemp (cannabis leaf) to drying it.
• See the production process of Andong-dong close up!
• Add apple mint leaves to your Andong Hemp Cloth and decorate to make your very own natural Sachet Bag!
• Dress up as the main characters of the Korean traditional tale The Cowherd, and the Weaver Girl, take spend a wonderful time taking photos!
Minimum / Maximum Reservation
1 person / 40 people
Duration: 90 minutes
• Viewing Andong Exhibition Hall and Commentary, Andong Hemp Cloth Production Process Demonstration (30 minutes) → Making Andong Hemp Cloth Sachet Bag (30 minutes) → The Cowherd, and the Weaver Girl Dress Up (30 minutes)