Take the West Gold Train to Gunsan Modern Culture Street and to Jeonju Hanok Village!
Gunsan is a city that flourished about 100 years ago. The street is famous for recreating those days. Walk down the street, which was also famous for taking pictures on train tracks in those days in school uniforms! Jeonju Hanok Village is the Jeonju representative tourist destination known for hanok and food, and most tourists walk around wearing Korean Traditional Costume 'hanbok'.
This tour is highly recommended for those who want to visit other tourist destinations, but are unable to find relevant tours, or are comfortable with free trips without guides, and prefers 1 Day Tour that departs from Seoul and return on the same day.
Gunsan Modern Culture Street
• Chowon Photo Gallery : filming location for "Christmas in August," movie released in 1988 with Han Suk Kyu and Shim Eun Han as the main characters
• (old) Gunsan Assembly Hall : One of the top three existing Western classical buildings in Korea, with the same European style of building Seoul Station and the main building of the Bank of Korea, which were imported from Belgium
• Wolmyeong Park : Wolmyeong Park, located in the center of Gunsan, welcomes cherry blossoms and camellia flowers in spring and a beautiful fall foliage. When you reach the top, you can see Geumgang and the West Sea at a glance.
• Shinheungdong Japanese-style House : It is a two-story house with two Japanese-style buildings attached in the shape of 'ㄱ' and a Japanese-style garden. It is a filming location for the movie "Son of the General" and "Tazza"
• Gunsan Modern Architecture Hall of Korea : After repair and restoration in 2008, it was used as a modern architecture and bank-related exhibition hall
• Museum of Modern History : Museum showing the former Gunsan, formerly the center of marine logistics distribution by trade port, and the 'Gunsan, an international trade port' by displaying the nation's largest modern cultural resources. (Entrance extra fee : 3,000won)
• Patisserie Boulangerie : The first bakery in Korea is a must-see attraction! A bakery that requires to stand in line and wait but definitely not a wasted time!
Jeonju Hanok Village
• Visit to the Jeonju Catholic Church in Gyeonggi-jeon Hall, which enshrines the portrait of King Taejo of Joseon Dynasty
• Visit every corner of Jeonju Hanok Village where you can enjoy food! Best Food : Jeonju Bibimbap, Bean sprout soup rice, Octopus skewer, Chocopie, Handmade dumplings, Ozzang, Sotteokgalbi, Handmade steel Ice-cream, Moju and etc!
08:10 Meet at Yongsan station 3F in front of waiting room Travel Center, in front of Hongik Travel picket (20mins before departing)
08:36~11:45 Depart from Yongsan Station → Arrive at Gunsan Station (West Gold Train 4891)
12:00~12:20 Depart from Gunsan Station → Arrive at Modern Culture Street (connected vehicle)
12:20~15:00 Tour Gunsan Modern Culture Street
15:00~16:00 Depart from Modern Culture Street → Arrive at Hanok Village (connected vehicle)
16:00~18:00 Individual Tour at Hanok Village
18:00~19:00 Depart from Hanok Village → Arrive at Iksan Station (connected vehicle)
19:58~21:10 Depart from Iksan Station → Arrive at Yongsan Station (KTX526)