- 1. As the place is located in Insadong, a popular tourist destination in Seoul, you will be able to experience both taekkyeon and other tourist attractions in one go
- 2. You can learn taekkyeon, the traditional martial art out of which taekwondo started.
- 3. Individual participation is possible. If you attend the class with your friends, you can also try out a taekkyeon battle and find out who comes out on top
Uniform rental (10,000 KRW)
Certificate (10,000 KRW / purchase on-site)
Taekkyeon is a representative traditional martial art of Korea. It is listed as a UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage and designated as a Major Intangible Cultural Heritage of Korea No. 76.
Taekkyeon is characterized by fluid, dynamic foot and knee movements called "Stepping-on-Triangles." The goal of taekkyeon is to knock over the opponent with these movements.
Kyulyun taekkyeon was originally a group competition, in which a group of people from different villages held a team match in honor of their villages. It is a part of traditional Korean martial arts and folk culture that was prevalent in Seoul.
• Learn and experience Korean culture through taekkyeon, a traditional Korean martial art designated as an intangible cultural heritage of Korea.
Minimum / Maximum Pax
3 / 15
• The program lasts approximately 2 hours
Everyday: 10:00, 14:00, 16:00, 19:30
Sunday, New Year's Day and Chuseok Day
How to use
1. Reserve and purchase the desired option
2. On the appointed day, please bring the voucher and present it to the staff
3. Please follow the instructions and enjoy
How to go
• Subway line number 1, Jonggak station Exit 3 → Walk straight ahead → Turn right at the 4 intersection → Walk straight for about a 1 min → Go through between the Food street → Enter the Kyulyun Taekkyeon Association on your left-hand side.
1. If your reservation cannot be made at a desired date and time, our CS Team will contact you via email.
2. If there are less than the minimum number of people, the reservation can be canceled, and our CS Team will e-mail you. However, there is no limit on the minimum number of people in the 19:30 class.
3. Please make a reservation at least 3 days in advance.
All times are based on Korea Standard Time (KST)
• Cancellation 3 days before (by 17:00 KST): 100% refund
• Cancellation 2~1 days before (by 17:00 KST): 70% refund
• Cancellation on the reserved date & No Show: No refund
• Change of reservation: Available by 3 days before the reservation date (by 17:00 KST)