Taekkyeon is a representative traditional martial art of Korea. It is listed as a UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage and designated as a Major Intangible Cultural Heritage of Korea No. 76.
Taekkyeon is characterized by fluid, dynamic foot and knee movements called "Stepping-on-Triangles." The goal of taekkyeon is to knock over the opponent with these movements.
Kyulyun taekkyeon was originally a group competition, in which a group of people from different villages held a team match in honor of their villages. It is a part of traditional Korean martial arts and folk culture that was prevalent in Seoul.
• Learn and experience Korean culture through taekkyeon, a traditional Korean martial art designated as an intangible cultural heritage of Korea.
Minimum / Maximum Pax
3 / 15
• The program lasts approximately 2 hours
Everyday: 10:00, 14:00, 16:00, 19:30
How to use
1. Reserve and purchase the desired option
2. On the appointed day, please bring the voucher and present it to the staff
3. Please follow the instructions and enjoy
How to get there
• Come out from Line No.1 Jonggak Station Exit 11 and go straight → go inside the street corner on your left and turn right → Turn left at "종로포차" and go straight → Go inside the street corner on the right of "불타는 소금구이" .
1. If your reservation cannot be made at a desired date and time, our CS Team will contact you via email.
2. If there are less than the minimum number of people, the reservation can be canceled, and our CS Team will e-mail you. However, there is no limit on the minimum number of people in the 19:30 class.
3. Please make a reservation at least 3 days in advance.
All times are based on Korea Standard Time (KST)
• Cancellation 3 days before (by 17:00 KST): 100% refund
• Cancellation 2~1 days before (by 17:00 KST): 70% refund
• Cancellation on the reserved date & No Show: No refund
• Change of reservation: Available by 3 days before the reservation date (by 17:00 KST)
407, Samil-daero, Jongno-gu, Seoul (Insa-dong) Kyulyun Taekkyeon Association
Open the map
[Kyulyun Taekkyeon Association] Experience taekkyeon, a traditional Korean martial art