Join this class to experience steaming rice cake in a traditional way and using the bean paste dough, make edible wrapping cloth with your favorite color. Finalize the decoration with traditional Korean patterns or words that call for luck. As the Baekseolgi, a traditional Korean rice cake hardens quickly, covering it with the wrapping cloth made with bean paste dough, has the advantage of ensuring the cake to remain soft and moist.
"One Leaf" is a professional company that specializes in handmade foods and desserts, which are made from natural and healthy ingredients. Using fresh fruits, natural ingredients, and herbs to teach and sell a variety of products such as syrups, jams, fruit herb vinegar, concentrated juices, and others. Also developing and lecturing on various flower desserts that are both visually beautiful and healthy, as well as the use of flowers as ingredients for rice cakes and baking.
• A fantastic class teaching how to make a Korean rice cake dessert and how to wrap, both according to traditional methods. Participants can not only eat their special Korean-style dessert, but also the wrapping cloth itself.
• A traditional Korean wrapping cloth designed rice cakes can be used as both decoration and souvenir similar to sugar cakes. As the main ingredients are rice cake and bean paste, it is edible and can be a distinctive Korean-style dessert gift.
• As traditional Korean rice cake can dry easily and become hardened, covering it with a wrapping cloth made with a bean paste dough will help to ensure it remains soft and moist.
• If you would like to wrap your rice cake with an additional wrapping cloth in order to make it a gift or souvenir, you can purchase one for an extra cost.
• When you purchase a traditional Korean wrapping cloth with authentic Korean colors, you can also learn how to pack it as a tip.
Minimum / Maximum Pax
2 / 6
• The program lasts approximately 3 hours
1. Introduction (Introducing the class and instructor, and greetings) 20 mins
2. Preparation (Steaming the rice cake, coloring the wrapping cloth dough, forming the wrapping cloth and making accessories, wrapping the rice cake) 2 hours and 20 minutes
3. Closing (edible rose and lemon syrup tea time and taking photos with your cake) 20 mins