Visit Seoul Zoo, the largest ecological park in Korea, and see varieties of different species of animals and plants for yourself. Why don’t you try listening to informative presentations and programs and learn more about Seoul Zoo? You can move around the park comfortably by Sky Lift and Elephant-shaped train!
Playing a role of the exhibition, conservation, education, and research, Seoul Zoo is a sub-organization composed of zoological and botanical gardens of Seoul Grand Park. The zoo has around 3,700 animals, 332 species from all over the world including Lowland Gorilla, the world’s rare species. Some animals are seen unpacked with a fence. (Ring-tailed lemurs and parrots)
There is a botanical garden as well inside the zoo. There are about 20,000 plants, 928 species around the world. You can take a look at works of art made of plants. There is also a forest bathing park surrounding the zoo with a total of 8km of paths, and you can take a forest bath from 50 minutes to 3 hours. Enjoy the zoo, the botanical garden, and the forest bathing parking all with just one ticket!
The National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Korea is free of charge. Enjoy popular works, such as Baek Nam-Joon’s Video Art, Yayoi Kusama’s “Pumpkin” and other works for free. There is also a nice restaurant inside, so it is good to have lunch there.
Seoul Zoo Operation Hours
• March ~ October: 09:00 ~ 19:00
• November ~ February: 9:00 ~ 18:00
Sky Lift + Elephant-shaped Train
Sky Lift and Elephant-shaped Train are popular transportations in Seoul Grand Park. You can go easily to Seoul Zoo, Seoul Land, camping ground, or National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art.
• Sky Lift has Line 1 passing over the lake and Line 2 running inside the zoo.
• You can use Elephant-shaped train for 1 time (one way) and Sky Lift for 2 times (one way) with the ticket. Elephant-shaped train cycles around Information Center → Entrance of Seoul Zoo → Seoul Land → Information Center.
Sky Lift Operating Hours
• Line 1
- Peak season (April ~ June, September, October): 9:00 ~ 19:00
- Quad-peak Season (March, July, August): 9:30 ~ 19:00
- Off Season (November ~ February): 10:00 ~ 18:00
• Line 2
- Peak season (April ~ June, September, October): 9:00 ~ 18:30
- Quad-peak Season (March, July, August): 9:30 ~ 18:30
- Off Season (November ~ February): 10:00 ~ 17:30
• After exchanging tickets, board on Sky Lift and get off in front of Seoul Zoo
• Enter Seoul Zoo
• Board on Sky Lift Line 2
• Enjoy Seoul Zoo
• Ride an Elephant-shaped train and head back to the square and head to the subway