Visit Museum Kimchikan, a food museum under the theme of Kimchi and Kimjang, a traditional Korean culture. It is one of World’s Top 11 Food Museum selected by CNN and offers people around the world to feel, enjoy, and experience Kimchi. From Joseon Dynasty Kimchi culture, current Kimchi history and culture, to various Kimchi that shows regional characteristics, please enjoy the unforgettable experience of Kimchi!
• Through the visual exhibitions, learn how Kimchia has gradually moved closer into the lives of the people around the world.
• Great opportunity to learn the history of Kimchi.
• You can learn the Kimjang culture of Korea in depth.
Museum Kimchikan was first opened in 1986 under the name of the Kimchi museum to let both national and international visitors the taste and value of Kimchi. From the first day of the museum and even after the reopening in 2015 changing its name to Museum Kimchikan, the place held various exhibitions to help people experience Kimchi and its culture, history, and value. Even they provide audio guides in English / Chinese / Japanese so more and more people can enjoy the exhibits. In addition, they offer visitors a great opportunity to touch, taste, and take Kimchi home.
• Kimchi Road 1
- Information Desk
• Souvenir Shop
• Kimchi Madang
- A Reinterpretation of the Culture of Kimchi (Main video)
- Kimjang Play
- Jangdokdae Seen From the Sky
• Scientist’s Laboratory
- Table of Fermentation
• Kimchi Sarangbang
- Special Exhibition Hall
• Kimchi Road 2
- The Sound of Kimchi’s Flavor
• Kimchi Study Room
- Birth and Evolution of Kimchi
- Kimchi Documentary (Kimchi Video Room)
• Café DIHI
• Kimchi Storeroom
- Kimchi in Korea
- Exhibition of Pickled Vegetables from Around the World
• Room Dedicated to UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage
- UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage and the Culture of Kimjang
- Kimjang Scenes from Early Modern Period
- Kimchi Archive
• Kimjang Maru
- Cooking Class
• Kimchi Gongbang
- Arts Experience Space
• Kimchi Tasting Room