- 1. Museum Kimchikan is one of World’s Top 11 Food Museum selected by CNN
- 2. You can learn and experience Kimchi and Kimjang
- 3. You can learn various kinds of Kimchi that shows regional characteristics and history of Kimchi
- 4. It is a great opportunity for you to touch, taste, and take Kimchi home
- 5. You can enjoy the exhibits of Museum Kimchikan listening to the audio guide in English / Chinese / Japanese
Read more reviews
Option and Inclusions
Whole Cabbage Kimchi Making Experience
Museum Kimchikan Entrance Ticket
Adult: Above 19 yrs
Youth: 3 ~ 18 yrs
Free Admission: Under 35 mos (Must bring passport)
Visit Museum Kimchikan, a food museum under the theme of Kimchi and Kimjang, a traditional Korean culture. It is one of World’s Top 11 Food Museum selected by CNN and offers people around the world to feel, enjoy, and experience Kimchi. From Joseon Dynasty Kimchi culture, current Kimchi history and culture, to various Kimchi that shows regional characteristics, please enjoy the unforgettable experience of Kimchi!
Museum Kimchikan was first opened in 1986 under the name of the Kimchi museum to let both national and international visitors the taste and value of Kimchi. From the first day of the museum and even after the reopening in 2015 changing its name to Museum Kimchikan, the place held various exhibitions to help people experience Kimchi and its culture, history, and value. Even they provide audio guides in English / Chinese / Japanese so more and more people can enjoy the exhibits. In addition, they offer visitors the great opportunity to touch, taste, and take Kimchi home.
Every Thursday 14:20 ~ 15:00
Minimum pax for reservation
Everyday: 10:00 ~ 18:00
January 1st, Lunar New Year's Day holidays, Chuseok holidays, Christmas
How to use
1. Reserve the product on the desired date.
2. Check mobile voucher or email voucher.
3. Arrive 10 minutes before the experience time on the day of reservation and present your voucher.
1. Age limit: 6 years old or above; companions are required
2. This is an experienced program, which various nationalities participate in.
3. Experience programs are held in Korean, English, or Chinese, depending on which language the majority of participants understand. Recipe cards in English / Chinese / Japanese are provided.
4. Free admission: Above 65 yrs (Must bring passport)
5. If you have a food allergy/you are a vegetarian/you only eat Hala food, please tell us in advance and we will prepare alternative ingredients for you.
6. You will not be able to join the class starting from 10 minutes after the class starts.
How to get there
• Get off at Exit 6 of Anguk Station (Subway line 3) → Go straight about 300m on the Insa-Dong Street → Turn right and find Museum Kimchikan
• Get off at Exit 3 of Jonggak Station (Subway line 1) → Turn around the Kumkang Shoe Building → Go straight about 200m on the Insa-Dong street → Turn left and find Museum Kimchikan
All times are based on Korea Standard Time (KST)
• Cancellation 4 days before (by 17:00 KST): 100% refund
• Cancellation 3 ~ 1 days before & on the reserved date & No Show: No refund
• Change of reservation: Available up to 4 days in advance (by 17:00 KST)
F4, F5, F6, 35-4, Insadong-gil, Jongno-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Open the map
Recent reviews (1)