Visit the thrilling JSA tour!
JSA tour will be an unforgettable tour. South and North Korea military troops are standing face to face under an armistice agreement.
At the UNC Guard Post Three (GP 3) outside of the conference room, you would discover yourself surrounded by North Korea. You can take pictures of the northern mountains and villages in the near distance. You will be amazed by how much of the tension you can feel under your skin!
JSA (Joint Security Area)
JSA (Joint Security Area), also known as Panmunjom is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Korea and it became the center of all attention from the world when North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and South Korean President Moon Jae-in met at the border truce village of Panmunjom(JSA) to discuss unification of South and North Korea in 2018.
The Unification Bridge
The bridge is more like a symbolic bridge built back in 1998, wishing unification between two Koreas. Its northern part is a civilian control area and the first door to DMZ. Everyone, male or female, Korean or foreigner, should gain a license to cross the bridge. If one is a foreigner, he/she has to present a passport, and if Korean, ID before traversing the bridge.
The current building was constructed on July 9, 1998. It was built by the founder of Hyundai to host reunions of families separated during the Korean War. However, since North Korea has worried about sending their people through the division line of JSA, the house has been used only for Red Cross staffs and the liaison officers of South Korea.
Imjingak, located 7 km from the Military Demarcation Line, is now at the forefront of tourism related to the Korean War. It was built in 1972 with the hope that someday unification would be possible. Every year many events for unification are held at Imjingak. Imjingak is now one of the famous tourist spots for foreigners in Gyeonggi-do because it is possible to visit without going through any security check points.
The 3rd Infiltration Tunnel
The 3rd tunnel discovered in 1978 penetrates into South Korea by 435 meters beyond the ceasefire line. you will enter into the actual tunnel to find the ambition of North Korea to make another sudden invasion.
• Explore the video and exhibition halls outside after watching the tunnel!
• Tunnels are getting narrower, so it is not recommended to those with claustrophobia.
• Watch a short documentary film at the DMZ theater and look around relics and reproductions of the Korean War at its small exhibition hall after getting out of the tunnel!
Dora Observatory is where you have the best view of the North since it’s located on the southern border of DMZ, that is, on the northernmost part of South Korea. Here, you can see with the naked eye, the barbed wire fence put along the MDL, and on a clear day, you can see the Gaesung Industrial Park of the North and even North Korean villages.
• Observe a fake North Korean border village through lenses! Within DMZ of the North side, there is a small village called "Propaganda Village."
A sign in the station reads, “Not the last station from the South, But the first station toward the North.”
For now, it is the northernmost station of South Korea which is only 700m, or a half mile away from the southern boundary of DMZ. The milestones of Dorasan Station (205km to Pyeongyang, 56km to Seoul) imply the reality of the division between two Koreas and the hope of a future. It serves as a beacon of hope for the reunification of two Koreas.
1. Option 1 - JSA Tour
• Operation dates: Tuesday ~ Saturday
- 08:10 Depart from 1F Lobby, Hotel President in Seoul
• Hotel President in Seoul → Imjingak → The Unification Bridge → ID Check → DMZ Theater and Exhibition Hall → The 3rd Infiltration Tunnel → Dora Observatory → Dorasan Station → Amethyst Center → Drop off at Itaewon
2. Option 2 - JSA + DMZ Tour
• Operation dates: Tuesday ~ Saturday
- Tuesday ~ Thursday : 08:10 Depart from 1F Lobby, Hotel President in Seoul
- Friday & Saturday : 07:20 Depart from 1F Lobby, Hotel President in Seoul
• Hotel President in Seoul → The Unification Bridge → ID Check → Slideshow and briefing at Camp Bonifas → JSA (Joint Security Area) → Freedom House → Military Armistice Commission Conference Room → UN Guard Post → Bridge of No Return → Imjingak → Lunch → Imjingak → The Unification Bridge → ID Check → DMZ Theater and Exhibition Hall → The 3rd Infiltration Tunnel → Dora Observatory → Dorasan Station → Amethyst Center → Drop off at Itaewon